Debra Lynn Dadd

How can I remove nail polish safely?

QUESTION:

Hello, I have just recently become aware of all the toxins that are in everything around me and have since stopped using all products that are not natural. But I have polish on my toenails and I do not know how to remove it without toxic removers. Does anyone know how I can safely remove the polish? If there is not a safe way to do this would it be better for me to just let my nails grow until all the polish is gone or should I get it off as soon as possible with polish remover?
Thanks!

POSTED BY JANE :: MISSISSIPPI USA :: 11/02/2007 10:21 AM


DEBRA'S ANSWER:

I'm glad to hear you are giving up toxic chemicals!

There are two dangers to nail polish.

One is the fumes from the polish when you are applying it.

The other is that it forms a coating on the nail that prevents the nail from breathing, leading to nail damage.

If you have some nail polish remover, I would probably go ahead and use it one last time--outdoors with good ventilation--and remove the polish. Sometimes part of the transition off toxic chemicals is to use them one last time to be done with them.

Debra :-)


:: POST YOUR COMMENT - not active during site migration

Return to Q&A Blog

Debra's List ~ 100s of links to 1000s of nontoxic, natural & earthwise products
Debra's Free Newsletters ~ website update, natural sweetener recipes, words of wisdom
Debra's Bookstore ~ recommended reading on health and the environment
MCS Recovery ~ resources for recovery from multiple chemical sensitivities
Sweet Savvy ~ how to choose and use natural sweetners (lots of recipes)
Talk With Debra ~ call for a personal consultation (fee)

Copyright ©2004-2007 Debra Lynn Dadd - all rights reserved.